A priority will be given to research groups but outstanding individual researchers are encouraged to apply on their own as well.
The VIASM’s Scientific Council will base on applicants’ scientific performance to appoint one in five positions:
- Distinguished Professors: For candidates with outstanding achievements.
- Research Professors: For candidates with at least the title of associate professor or with Dr. Sc. (Habilitation) and research excellence.
- Senior Researcher: For candidates with PhD. degree and good research.
- Researcher: For candidates with a PhD. and some publications in good international journals.
- Young Researcher: For applicants under 35 years old, having one publication in a good international journal or PhD students of VIASM.
Moreover, in 2018 VIASM also offers 5 post-doctoral positions. Post-doctoral fellows will receive the same support as researchers, but for at most an one-year stay. Only applicants who achieved Ph.D degrees since 1.1.2012 can be accepted.
Research fellows would receive a honorarium during their stays. Their accommodation in Hanoi could be arranged by the Institute. Research fellows are expected to stay at least two months. In case it is needed, research fellows will be granted a travel allowance for one round-trip in economic fare from their home institution.
In addition, research groups may be given financial support for organizing scientific activities and for inviting mathematicians (especially from overseas) for a joint research project or giving lectures.
Moreover, five mathematicians who are invited to work at the VIASM in 2018 would be selected to NIMS (Korea) or IMS (NUS Singapore) from one to three months for cooperation and exchange purposes.
How to apply: Please go to rms.viasm.edu.vn to submit your CV and research proposal. Only the head of project can submit the research proposal and invite other members to join the project. After receiving an invitation email, members of the project need to access the system and submit their CV and other related information to the project.
Please read through the general help carefully for more details about how to apply.
Application deadline: by December 31, 2016. After the deadline, the registration system will be closed.
Offers will be announced: March 31, 2017.